Friday, December 23, 2011

updates!

Now is the time to revisit some past posts and give you updates on how some of my projects turned out...

Homemade Bubble Bath: partial fail. The coconut oil feels great, the essential oils smell great, but WHERE ARE THE BUBBLES? Not a one could be found. So I am officially changing this project's name to "Homemade Bath."

Homemade Dishwashing Detergent: partial fail. Everything was going smoothly until I added the Lemi-Shine and my powdery concoction almost immediately solidified into a brick, kind of resembling a salt lick. My grandma lived out in the country and had one of those. Anyway, I am still using it and it seems to work well. It just sucks to chisel it out of the tupperware with a butter knife. I'll let you know if I come up with any solutions.

By the way, interesting that I regard these two projects as "partial fails" instead of "partial victories." I will instead go the way of Joel Osteen and call them "partial victories."

Snowflake Lane (date night): epic success. When we got to Bellevue and walked into the fray, I cried. I am pregnant, which may have contributed to my overwhelming flood of emotions. But I am telling you, people...it was magical. Snow falling, happy Christmas music playing, and everyone was so happy and excited! I imagine it will be a little bit like this in heaven. I never, ever thought I'd compare downtown Bellevue to anywhere but hell. But there it is!

That's all for now. The happiest of merry weekends to you all!

1 comment:

AshleeAlexandra said...

I love this lacey! I missed the originals and had no idea these projects were happening! Bravo to your victories (even if they're just partial ones)!